This event aims to promote sailing to the nation and show support for our Olympic and Paralympic sailors prior to the London 2012 Games. It will also be a great opportunity for Premier Berth Holders to have fun on and off the water and Berth Holders are invited to 'dress' their own boats to add to the spectacle on the water!
What's more, to mark this special occasion, sailing expert, Tom Cunliffe will also join Berth Holders on the water and will give an after-dinner speech at Sovereign Harbour's Yacht Club. A prize for the 'best dressed boat and crew' will be presented by Tom on the day - so let your imagination run freely!
Following a passage and planning session with RYA training schools, Waterfront Sailing and Hove Lagoon, Berth Holders at Brighton Marina will cruise to Sovereign Harbour via a designated waypoint off Beachy Head.
Meanwhile, Berth Holders at Sovereign Harbour will attend a briefing session with Sea Training Sussex and Sovereign Sportsboat Training and will meet Brighton Berth Holders at Beachy Head. The flotilla of boats will then sail past Eastbourne Seafront with Tom Cunliffe present. Boat owners can then lock in to Sovereign Harbour and all enjoy a barbeque at the marina on arrival.
Berth Holders are then invited to a meal at the Yacht Club with an after dinner talk given by Tom Cunliffe. There is no charge to take part in the flotilla however diners at the Yacht Club are expected to pay for their own meals. Visit www.shyc.co.uk for more information about Sovereign Harbour Yacht Club.
Programme of Events
- Berth Holders to leave Brighton 0900 hours to cruise to designated waypoint off Beachy Head
- Berth Holders to leave Sovereign Harbour 11:00 hours to meet Brighton Berth Holders at a designated waypoint off Beachy Head
- Flotilla sails past Eastbourne Seafront
- Tom Cunliffe to meet flotilla at 12:00 hours
- All boats to lock in at Sovereign Harbour from 13:00 hours
- Barbeque at Sovereign Harbour's Marina Reception from 14:00 hours
- Prizes to 'best dressed boat and crew' will be presented by Tom Cunliffe at 1630 hours. Prizes include a Solent and Approaches Folio of Charts courtesy of the RYA; a voucher for a meal for four at Frankie and Benny's (Brighton/ Eastbourne) and a voucher for a meal for two at The Ganges (Sovereign Harbour)
- All crews to meet for a meal at the Yacht Club from 19:00 hours
- After dinner talk by Tom Cunliffe
Don't forget, Berth Holders from Brighton Marina can use some of their 42 Free Visitor Nights at Sovereign Harbour to make more of their stay! We advise that you contact Sovereign Harbour ahead of your visit to reserve an overnight berth.
To book, call Sovereign Harbour on 01323 470099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the RYA's 'Push the Boat Out' Click Here.