Safety and Security
In the event of an emergency...
...dial 999 (or 112), select which service you require.
Tell them the nature of the emergency, where you are and the number of the phone you are calling from. Notify the marina reception on 01243 512731 or VHF channel 80, ans staff will implement their Emergency Action Plan.
Do not attempt to tackle the incident yourself unless you are trained and it is safe to do so. In the event of an evacuation, leave the pontoon and jetty immediately and head for the nearest muster point. If the route is blocked, make your way to the nearest Water Evacuation Point.
Follow all instructions given by marina staff, security and the emergency services.
Fire Safety Advice
Be aware of the position in the marina of; Fire Assembly (Muster) Points and Water Evacuation Points.
- At the Fuel Jetty; No smoking, turn off mobile phones, VHF radios, engines, cooking appliances and extinguish any naked flames
- No BBQ's allowed on boats or jetties
- Keep additional stores of petrol, diesel and gas containers to a minimum
- Install a smoke detector, test regularly and change the unit every five years - Fitting a smoke alarm is the simplest step you can take to reduce the risk of fire
- Ensure all gas installations are in a sound condition and checked by a Gas Safe registered contractor
- Ensure your gas bottle (LPG) is secured and kept away from heat sources
- Check fire extinguishers and a fire blanket are serviceable
- Always isolate fuel and gas when leaving vessel
- Check electrical heaters, dehumidifiers & 240v equipment before leaving the vessel
Sussex Police & Project Kraken
Help keep your coastline safe - report anything that seems out of place.
If you have witnessed anything that makes you suspicious while you are out on the waters of Sussex, we want to hear about it. Tip offs as small as a person not wearing suitable clothes or a boat that has not got enough lighting, could help Sussex Police crack down on crime.
Project Kraken is a national initiative to get more people reporting incidents they see at ports which seem out of place. In Sussex, it is hoped that all the small details will build up a bigger picture which could ultimately prevent major crimes.
Sussex police officers are always available to talk to you about anything suspicious or unusual you have seen - simply call call 0845 60 70 999, quoting 'Project Kraken'.