Information for Marina Visitors
Upon entering the tidal harbour the marina's purpose-built twin 50m locks will be clearly visible.
These are in operation 24 hours a day, closing on the hour and half-hour.
Monitor VHF Ch17 for broadcasts about the status of the locks.
Always follow the lock traffic signals.
- Red - Vessels must not proceed. Vessels inbound to the lock should heave to or give way to outward bound vessels
- Green - Vessels may enter the lock.
- Green/White/Green - Caution
Vessels may proceed only when specific instructions to do so have been received.
Obey the directions of the lock-keeper.
Approach the locks with fenders rigged on both sides of your vessel and mooring lines on deck.
Tie up as far forward into the lock as possible, or alongside other vessels.
Always move as far forward in the lock as possible and when secure, switch off your engines and radar.
Help others coming alongside after you.
We recommend springs are used where possible, although even when the locks are sluicing there is very little water movement in the area where the boats are moored.
A lock keeper will greet you on-board, take basic details of your vessel and allocate a suitable berth via a computerised management system. Once you are secured in your berth, please call at the marina office to register.
The basins behind the lock need occasional "top-ups" which we do during high tide. At this time we operate a single lock. Regular broadcasts on Ch17 announce the status of the locks and timings of any closures.
All visitors should call in at marina reception or radio on VHF ch 80.
Eastbourne Marina - Useful Numbers
Eastbourne Police Station - 0845 60 70 999
- Marina Office - 01323 470099
- Sovereign Harbour Yacht Club - 01323 470888
- British Transport Police - 0800 40 50 40
- Eastbourne Tourist Information - 01323 647130
- Maritime and Coastguard Agency - 0870 600 6505
- Environment Agency Pollution Hotline - 0800 807060
- Eastbourne District General Hospital - 01323 417400
- Harbour Orthodontic Centre - 01323 470882
- Quayside Dental Practice - 01323 472771
- NHS Direct 0845 46 47
- Di Lieto's Sandwich Bar - 01323 470990
- Simply Italian - 01323 470911
- Thai Marina - 01323 470414
- The Harvester - 01323 470074
- The Ranch - 01323 470400
- The Yacht Bar and Restaurant - 01323 472748
- National Rail Enquiries 08457 484950
- Weather Information
- Weather Forecast Marine Line 09068 500458