Safety and Security
In the event of an emergency...
Contact the emergency services
- Dial 999 (or 222), select which service you require.
- Tell them the nature of the emergency, where you are and the number of the phone you are calling from.
- Notify the marina reception on 023 9221 0765 or VHF channel 80, who will implement their Emergency Action Plan.
Do not attempt to tackle the incident yourself unless you are trained and it is safe to do so.
In the event of an evacuation leave the pontoon and jetty immediately and head for the nearest muster point. Follow all instructions given by marina staff, security and the emergency services.
Fire Safety Advice
- Be aware of the position in the marina of Fire Assembly (Muster) Points
- At the Fuel Jetty: No smoking, turn off mobile phones, VHF radios, engines, cooking appliances and extinguish any naked flames.
- No BBQ's allowed on boats or jetties
- Keep additional stores of petrol, diesel and gas containers to a minimum
- Install a smoke detector, test regularly and change the unit every five years - Fitting a smoke alarm is the simplest step you can take to reduce the risk of fire
- Ensure all gas installations are in a sound condition and checked by a Corgi Marine registered contractor
- Ensure your gas bottle (LPG) is secured and kept away from heat sources
- Check fire extinguishers and a fire blanket are serviceable
- Always isolate fuel and gas when leaving vessel
- Check electrical heaters, dehumidifiers & 240v equipment before leaving the vessel