Queens Harbour Master Portsmouth 55 of 2017
Date: to Fri 15 Sep
CROSS SOLENT SWIM 13 SEPTEMBER 2017
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Queen's Harbour Master Portsmouth that a Cross Solent Swim will take place on Wednesday 13 September 2017.
2. Eight swimmers will be taking part in the event. Each swimmer will be accompanied by a kayak acting as an individual support craft. There will be an additional three safety craft – call sign ‘Little Boo’, ‘Ruby Scrumptious’ and ‘Hermes’. A listening watch will be maintained on VHF Ch11 and Ch12 throughout.
3. The route for the swim is from Ryde Sands to Stokes Bay, starting at 1030 and completing by approximately 1300.
4. All support craft will display the International Code Flag ‘ALPHA’ while escorting the swimmers.
5. Mariners are requested to keep a good lookout and pass well clear of the swimmers and the support craft during their crossing of the Solent.
6. This notice will be cancelled on 15 September 2017.