Queens Harbour Master Portsmouth 56 of 2017
Date: to Sun 17 Sep
CROSS SOLENT SWIM 14 September 2017
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Queen's Harbour Master Portsmouth that a Cross Solent Swim will take place on Thursday 14 September 2017.
2. Fourteen swimmers will be participating in each crossing. Each swimmer will be accompanied by a kayaker acting as an individual support craft. The lead support craft has the call sign ‘Ryde Rescue 1’. There are three other support craft– ‘Lightening Rebel’, ‘Beach Rebel’ and ‘Evolvo’, all fitted with VHF. A listening watch will be maintained on VHF Ch11 and Ch12 throughout.
3. The outbound swim route is from Ryde Sands to Stokes Bay, starting at 0730 and completing by approximately 1000.
4. The return swim route is from Stokes Bay to Ryde Sands, starting at 1330 and completing by approximately 1600.
5. In the event of poor weather, the swim will be postponed until Friday 15 September 2017. The timings will be delayed by one hour.
6. All support craft will display the International Code Flag ‘ALPHA’ while escorting the swimmers.
7. Mariners are requested to keep a good lookout and pass well clear of the swimmers and the support craft during their crossing of the Solent.
8. This notice will be cancelled on 17 September 2017.