Queens Harbour Master Portsmouth 32 of 2018
Portsmouth Harbour - Danger Area, Tipner Firing Range
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Queen’s Harbour Master Portsmouth that a Small Arms Firing Danger Area exists in Portchester Lake, extending to 2500 metres from the Tipner Firing Range. This notice is being re-published in order to update the contact details at paragraph 5. The Danger Area limits are defined by the following points as shown on British Admiralty Charts 2628 and 2631:
a. The 400 yard Firing Point Flagstaff (5049’.46N 0105’.64W).
b. Pile 84.
c. Pile 78.
d. Position 50º 50’.135N 001º 07’.665W (unmarked).
e. Position 50°49’.585N 01°07’.915W (unmarked).
f. Pile 62
g. Pile 87
2. Piles 62, 64, 70, 78, 84, 87 and 89 carry DANGER AREA WARNING Notices.
3. When firings are taking place a Red Flag by day or a Red Light at night is exhibited from the flagstaffs at Tipner Range.
4. While firings are taking place all craft are, as far as is practicable, to keep clear of the danger area outlined in paragraph 1 above; alternatively those navigating the Portchester Channel are to pass through the area as quickly as possible.
5. Tipner Range Security Staff can be contacted on 023 9266 0373.
6. Portsmouth LNTM 02 / 18 is hereby superseded.