Queens Harbour Master Portsmouth No 58 of 2018
Date: to Fri 03 Aug
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Queen's Harbour Master Portsmouth that a Cross Solent Swim will take place on Wednesday 1 August 2018.
2. Two swimmers will be participating in the crossing. Each swimmer will be accompanied by a kayaker acting as an individual support craft. The support craft is yacht and has the call sign ‘Uisge’. A listening watch will be maintained on VHF Ch11 and Ch12 throughout.
3. The swim route is from Gilkicker to Ryde sands, starting at 0640 and completing by approximately 0940.
4. All support craft will display the International Code Flag ‘ALPHA’ while escorting the swimmers.
5. Mariners are requested to keep a good lookout and pass well clear of the swimmers and the support craft during their crossing of the Solent.
6. Cancel this Local Notice to Mariners 4 August 2018.