Queens Harbour Master Portsmouth 39 of 2018
to Monday, 11 June 2018
Cross Solent Swim - 9th June 2018
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Queen's Harbour Master Portsmouth that a Cross Solent Swim will take place on Saturday 9 June 2018.
2. Four swimmers will be taking part in each crossing. Each swimmer will be accompanied by a kayaker acting as an individual support craft. The lead support craft has the call sign ‘Ryde Rescue 1’. There is one other support craft – call sign ‘Lightening Rebel’. A listening watch will be maintained on VHF Ch11 and Ch12 throughout.
3. The outbound swim route is from Gilkicker to Ryde Sands starting at 1115 and completing by approximately 1445.
4. The return swim route is from Ryde Sands to Gilkicker, starting approximately 1445 and completing by approximately 1715.
5. In the event of poor weather, the swim will be postponed until Sunday 10 June 2018. The timings will be delayed by one hour.
6. All support craft will display the International Code Flag ‘ALPHA’ while escorting the swimmers.
7. Mariners are requested to keep a good lookout and pass well clear of the swimmers and the support craft during their crossing of the Solent.
8. This notice will be cancelled on 11th June 2018