Queens Harbour Master Portsmouth 42 of 2018
Date: to Thu 21 Jun
Cross Solent Swim - 20th June 2018
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Queen's Harbour Master Portsmouth that a Cross Solent Swim will take place on Wednesday 20 June 2018.
2. Six swimmers will be taking part in each crossing. Each swimmer will be accompanied by a kayaker acting as an individual support craft. The lead support craft has the call sign ‘Ruby Scrumptious’. There is one other support craft – call sign ‘Swiss T’. A listening watch will be maintained on VHF Ch11 and Ch12 throughout.
3. The outbound swim route is from Gilkicker to Ryde Sands starting at 0900 and completing by approximately 1100.
4. All support craft will display the International Code Flag ‘ALPHA’ while escorting the swimmers.
5. Mariners are requested to keep a good lookout and pass well clear of the swimmers and the support craft during their crossing of the Solent.
6. This notice will be cancelled on 22nd June 2018.