River Hamble Notice To River Users No 3 of 2018
Date: to Sun 29 Apr
Notice of Pile Replacement Operations - Various Locations
1. Notice is hereby given that midstream pile replacement operations will take place at various locations in the River Hamble from Tuesday 6th March. Works are expected to last until 4th April 2018 but this will be dependent on the weather. All vessels involved will display the appropriate lights and shapes as required by the International Regulations for the Prevention of Collisions at Sea.
2. Work is planned in four phases:
Phase one will take place between Bursledon and Universal Marina on the 'U', 'V' and 'J' runs between 6 March and 14 March.
Phase two will take place between Universal Marina and Mercury Marina on the 'I', 'L' and 'M' runs between 12 March and 21 March.
Phase three will take place opposite Satchell's Marsh on the 'E', 'G', 'H' and 'I' runs between 19th March and 28th March.
Phase four will take place opposite Mercury Gardens on the 'I' run between 26th March and 4th April.
3. River users are advised to maintain a listening watch on VHF Channel 68 for navigational broadcasts during these operations, and navigate with caution in the vicinity of the vessels involved.
4. Further information on these works can be obtained from the Harbour Office or by calling 'Hamble Harbour Radio' on VHF Channel 68.
5. This notice will be cancelled on 30th April 2018.