Chichester Notice to Mariners No 18 of 2018
to Monday, 7 January 2019
DREDGE OF BOSHAM QUAY
1. Mariners are advised that a maintenance dredge of Sparkes Marina on Hayling Island is due to commence 28 November 2018. Dredging is expected to continue for eight-weeks, subject to weather. The dredged material will be disposed of at the Nab Tower Spoil Grounds.
2. Dredging will be undertaken by backhoe dredger utilising either the 22m Witton II, or 20m Boxer, which will be towed to and from the site. Dredged material will be transported for disposal in the 42m split hopper barge Split Two, and the 52m Split Three.
3. It is anticipated that dredging will be completed by 01 February 2019.
4. All vessels will display the lights and shapes required by the collision regulations and maintain a listening watch on VHF channels 14 and 16.
5. Mariners are requested to give these vessels a wide berth in the confined waters of Chichester Harbour.