Queens Harbour Master Notice to Mariners No 54 of 2019
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Queen's Harbour Master Portsmouth that in accordance with Portsmouth International Port’s Local Notice to Mariners No. 03/19, dredging works will take place in their outer Town Camber in the red outlined area as shown below. The works are expected to commence on or around 12th August 2019 and to last up to two weeks.
2. The works will be conducted from the ML Dredging backhoe dredger “Witton”. The 42m x 8.4m “Split Two” hopper barge will be in attendance to load onboard the dredged up material.
3. The southern side of the dredging operation is planned to take into account the Wightlink car ferry service that comes and goes every 30 minutes during the day, but due to the close proximity of the northern side of the dredge area to Wightlink’s terminal, some of the work will need to be done after the Wightlink service reduces to a two hour frequency after 2200 hrs at night.
4. Wightlink Masters will liaise with the Witton prior to entry of and exit from the outer Camber to ensure safe operations are maintained.
5. Other vessels either entering or leaving the outer Camber should have due regard for the car ferry and dredging movements and operation and should maintain a safe speed and distance off when passing.