Chichester Harbour Notice to Mariners No 1 of 2019
to Tuesday, 31 December 2019
NOTICES TO MARINERS IN FORCE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the following Notices to Mariners are in force 01 January 2019:
12/2018 Reduced Depths Chichester Bar
1. Mariners are advised that a bathymetric survey of Chichester Bar and approach channel was completed 4 June 2018.
2. A least depth of 0.7m below Chart Datum is located on the western edge of the channel approximately 430m NNE of the Bar Beacon.
3. The full survey is available to view here.
4. The survey has been annotated with a 1.5m contour line in magenta, and two hatched lines running parallel with the western edge of the channel; a blue line at 50m and a green line at 75m, to assist interpretation.
16/2018 Obstruction Identified on Winner Bank
1. An uncharted obstruction has been identified on the Winner Bank located approximately 500 metres SSE of the Mid Winner Navigation Buoy centred on position 50°47.108'N, 000°55.512'W.
2. The obstruction comprises the remains of a scaffold structure, extending for 70 metres in an east/west alignment, with metal elements protruding above the sea bed.
3. This feature does not pose any danger to vessels in the charted navigable channels, but mariners navigating, anchoring or fishing in this area of the Winner Bank are advised to exercise caution.
17/2018 Dredge of Bosham Quay
1. Mariners are advised that a maintenance dredge of Bosham Quay is due to commence Wednesday 21 November and continue for approximately 6 weeks subject to suitable weather conditions.
2. Mariners requiring access to the Bosham Quay should contact Chichester Harbour Radio VHF Channel 14 as access will be restricted.
3. Dredged material will be transported to the Nab Tower disposal site by the 21m Tug Storebror, towing the 34m barge VR49.
4. A temporary fore and aft mooring in the Bosham Channel has been established for Storebror and VR49 in position: 50º 49.298'N, 000º 52.071'W.
5. All vessels will display the lights and shapes required by the collision regulations and Storebror will maintain a listening watch on VHF channels 14 and 16.
6. During towing operations these vessels will be limited in their ability to manoeuvre and mariners are requested to give them a wide berth in the confined waters of Chichester Harbour.
18/2019 Maintenance Dredge of Sparkes Marina
1. Mariners are advised that a maintenance dredge of Sparkes Marina on Hayling Island is due to commence 28 November 2018. Dredging is expected to continue for eight-weeks, subject to weather. The dredged material will be disposed of at the Nab Tower Spoil Grounds.
2. Dredging will be undertaken by backhoe dredger utilising either the 22m Witton II, or 20m Boxer, which will be towed to and from the site. Dredged material will be transported for disposal in the 42m split hopper barge Split Two, and the 52m Split Three.
3. It is anticipated that dredging will be completed by 01 February 2019.
4. All vessels will display the lights and shapes required by the collision regulations and maintain a listening watch on VHF channels 14 and 16.
5. Mariners are requested to give these vessels a wide berth in the confined waters of Chichester Harbour.