Queens Harbour Master Portsmouth No 10 of 2019
to Tuesday, 31 December 2019
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Queen’s Harbour Master Portsmouth that this Local Notice to Mariners (LNTM) constitutes public notice in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018.
2. The Queen’s Harbour Master Portsmouth gives notice that various parts of the Dockyard Port of Portsmouth, in particular the entrance to the Harbour, the Main Channel and Fountain Lake are subject to video surveillance by Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) systems which terminate in Harbour Control. The nature of the areas under surveillance precludes the siting of warning signs. This notice serves in lieu of such signs.
3. CCTV images are processed in order to enable the Queen’s Harbour Master to carry out his statutory functions and for the purposes of promoting maritime safety, crime prevention and public safety. They may also be used in pursuing prosecutions against offenders.
4. All communications, including telephone calls and electronic messages to and from Harbour Control may be subject to monitoring and recording and could be used to support the investigation of incidents or criminal activity.
5. Portsmouth LNTM 09/18 is hereby superseded.