Queens Harbour Master Portsmouth No 12 of 2019
to Tuesday, 31 December 2019
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Queen's Harbour Master Portsmouth that the Motor Tanker CUMBRIAN FISHER (or another similar vessel as required) will be berthed at the Oil Fuel Jetty for periods as required for operational reasons throughout 2019.
2. The Oil Fuel Jetty (OFJ) is comprised of four mooring dolphins and a short facing of jetty. CUMBRIAN FISHER’s bow and stern mooring lines are passed to the mooring dolphins. When practical, a line with conspicuous markers will also be run between the ship and mooring dolphin to improve visibility of these mooring lines.
3. Following a series of incidents in which yachts have damaged themselves on CUMBRIAN FISHER’s lines, mariners are cautioned to avoid passing between the main part of OJF and the No 2 Dolphin when a vessel is berthed on OFJ. Mariners should use the approach channel to and from Gosport Marina that passes to the west of No1 and 2 Dolphins.
4. QHM Harbour Control may be contacted on VHF Ch 11 or by telephoning 023 9272 3689 for the latest information.
5. Portsmouth LNTM 11/18 is hereby superseded.