Chichester Harbour Notice to Mariners No 13 of 2019
1. Mariners are advised that a maintenance dredge of Chichester Bar is now planned to commence Monday 21 October and continue for 14 days. Any adverse weather will extend the schedule.
2. Dredging operations will be undertaken by the trailing suction hopper dredger Sospan Dau 73m LOA.
3. The dredger will operate, day and night, during the period HW -3 to HW +2, and rainbow the dredged material onto the seafront at Hayling Island to maintain designed beach profiles.
4. Please note that an additional more westerly route to the Hayling Seafront is now proposed and this along with the dredging area, other routes to the disposal site, and anticipated anchorage are detailed here.
5. Sospan Dau will be restricted in its ability to manoeuvre during dredging operations, and mariners are requested to keep clear.