Queens Harbour Master Notice to Mariners No 76 of 2019
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Queen's Harbour Master Portsmouth that as part of the IFA2 HVDC Interconnector Cable project between the Solent and France, cable laying and burial works will take place through the eastern Solent from 1 November until 31 December 2019.
2. The cable laying works will start at Lee-on-the-Solent, adjoining to the nearshore works covered in LNTM 70/19 and continue east along the cable route shown below.
3. The cable laying works are being carried out by the vessel, Cable Enterprise (IMO 8645806; MMSI 235093018; Call Sign 2FOV9) supported by the tug Norne (IMO 9612806; MMSI 245460000; Call Sign PCJR).
4. The cable burial works are being carried out by the support vessel Normand Pacific (IMO 9491977; MMSI 257743000; Call Sign LAXI7) using a jetting tool and divers, and the support vessel AETHRA (IMO 9181481; Call Sign 5BHH4) using a trenching tool.
5. Vessels are requested to pass at a safe speed and distance and fishing vessels are advised to remain a safe distance (approximately 500m) from the areas identified. During these works, the vessel will be restricted in their ability to manoeuvre as they complete their scope of work; in particular this will apply in vicinity of position 200 and 180 on the graphic, where cable jointing works will be carried out with Cable Enterprise required to hold in Dynamic Positioning mode for an extended period. A pilot will be embarked throughout the eastern Solent and deployed Guard Vessels will monitor the exposed areas of cable while burial progresses and advise of safe distances locally.
6. The vessels will maintain a listening watch on VHF Channels 11 (QHM Harbour Control) and 12 (VTS Southampton) throughout. QHM and VTS can be contacted over VHF or by calling 023 9272 3694 (QHM) or 023 8048 8800 (VTS).
7. Cancel this LNTM on 31 December 2019.