Queens Harbour Master Notice to Mariners No 36 of 2020
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN jointly by the Queen’s Harbour Master Portsmouth and the Harbour Master of Portsmouth International Port that the works commenced in November 2019 remain ongoing. Construction works to extend and level berth no.2 at the International Port and are expected to last until the end of July 2020.
2. Number 2 Cruise and Ferry berth is currently a two level berth designed to service ferries. The berth will be bought down to a single level berth to accommodate a variety of ships. The berth will be extended by 28m to the west. Both the concrete quay structure and the dolphin arrangements will be extended in accordance with the drawing below.
3.The concrete quay has been lowered and extended to the end of the charted first dolphin. A new dolphin has been installed in a 4.0m radius from position 50°48.638”N 001°05.787”W.
4.The existing 2F.R(Vert) light arrangement shall be moved to the new dolphin in the position shown in the drawing.
5. Various work vessels and crane barges will be used in the construction process. Barge movements will be monitored and co-ordinated by Portsmouth Harbour Radio (VHF Ch 11).
6. Mariners should exercise caution when approaching Berths 1, 2, 3 and Portico berths. Bunkering vessels approaching and depart Berth 3.
7. Portsmouth Harbour Radio can be hailed on VHF Ch 11 or +44 23 9285 5900 for up to date information on barge and vessel movements. Please note, VHF Ch 11 is the primary working channel for QHM Harbour Control Vessel Traffic Service. After hailing Portsmouth Harbour Radio, users will be re-directed to another working channel.
8. Cancel this Local Notice to Mariners 15 August 2020.