Brighton Marina Notice to Mariners No 10 of 2020
The Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs, Forestry Commission, Environment Agency and Natural England issued combined guidance relating to access to green spaces and water sports on Wednesday 13th May.
All forms of water sports practiced on open waterways, including sailing, and the use of privately-owned motorised craft (in line with the guidance issued by the relevant navigation authority) are allowed.
Recreational boating is hereby permitted. However, there are applicable Government Covid-19 related restrictions and precautions, along with enhanced risk control measures issued by Brighton Marina (PML) as the Harbour Authority.
Notice is hereby given:
1. You may take part in recreational boating - on your own, with your household, or with one other person while adhering to social distancing rules. Full information is available at www.gov.uk/coronavirus
2. When travelling to the marina, you should travel in a private vehicle, alone or with members of your own household. Cycling / walking is encouraged where possible.
3. It is your responsibility as a leisure boat owner / skipper to ensure your vessel is in a seaworthy condition before setting to sea. This is especially relevant given the recent period of downtime.
4. Plan your time afloat responsibly, taking into consideration the current advice issued by the RNLI at www.rnli.org/safety.
5. Dredging operations are underway, ensure you have read all other issued LNTM’s and passage plan accordingly.
6. Marina specific risk controls are in place to limit the risk of exposure and for staff & customer safety. Please follow signage and instructions given by staff when on the marina.
7. Berth holders are reminded that they cannot stay on board overnight, and that passages made from Brighton Marina must return back to Brighton Marina.
This Notice will be updated should the Government advice change.
Vessels are advised to proceed with caution when navigating in this area. Ahead of their passage, mariners may also request shipping information from Brighton Marina on VHF CH37/80 or by telephone on: +44 (0)1273 819919.