Queens Harbour Master Notice to Mariners No 90 of 2021
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Queen's Harbour Master Portsmouth that Autonomous Surface Vessel (ASV) trials will be conducted in the northern area of Portchester Lake between 8 and 9 November 2021.
2. ASV operations will conducted in daylight only with a safety vessel in attendance throughout. The ASV is a yellow 3-metre-long catamaran, powered by two motors. It is designed to operate totally autonomously and will be controlled from the shore. The vessel will obey the International Rules for Prevention of Collision at Sea and will be manoeuvred to keep well clear of other vessels. It will remain at slow speeds at all times.
3. A manned safety vessel, ‘KEV 4/MMSI 235095484’, will be in company at all times, and will intervene in the event of any problems. “KEV 4” is a blue vessel of approximately 6 metres LOA and will be listening on VHF Ch 11 and 16. “KEV 4” will contact QHM on VHF Ch 11 at the beginning and end of each trial period.
4. Trials will be conducted from two hours before High Water Portsmouth to two hours after High Water Portsmouth. Approximate timings for each day are as follows:
8 November 2021: 1100 to 1500
9 November 2021: 0930 to 1500
5. The operating area to the north east of Trafalgar Wharf, is defined as follows:
50° 50.78N 001° 06.68W
50° 50.68N 001° 06.68W
50° 50.68N 001° 06.42W
50° 50.78N 001° 06.42W
6. Mariners are requested to remain clear of the area while trials are in progress.
7. Cancel this LNTM on 10 November 2021.