Queens Harbour Master Notice to Mariners No 84 of 2021
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Queen's Harbour Master Portsmouth that a Cross Solent Swim will take place on Saturday 16 October 2021, between Gilkicker and Ryde Sands. In the event of adverse weather the swim will be postponed until Sunday 17 October.
2. Twelve swimmers will be participating in the crossing. Each swimmer will be accompanied by a kayaker acting as an individual support craft. The lead support vessel is ‘SWIM CONTROL / STILL NO WORRIES’, MMSI 235087769 (LOA 7m black RHIB). There will be four other support vessels, ‘REBEL ANCHORMAN’, MMSI 23501687, (LOA 10m blue multi role catamaran), ‘KAKE’ (LOA 6m blue RHIB), ‘NORMAN B’, (LOA 5m red/black RHIB) and ‘ILLIOS’ (LOA 6m grey RHIB). A listening watch will be maintained on VHF Ch11 and Ch12 throughout.
3. The swim route is from Gilkicker to Ryde Sands, starting at 1230 (1330 on Sunday) and completing by approximately 1600 (1700 on Sunday).
4. All support craft will display the International Code Flag ‘ALPHA’ while escorting the swimmers.
5. Mariners are requested to keep a good lookout and pass well clear of the swimmers and the support craft during their crossing of the Solent.
6. Cancel this Local Notice to Mariners 18 October 2021.