Swanwick Marina's Boatyard Grand Opening
Add this to my calendar
Next month will see Premier Marinas officially unveil its £5.8m new boatyard development at Swanwick Marina at a grand opening ceremony on Easter Monday 6th April
The grand opening will begin at 2pm with a high-energy hornpipe performance from Warsash Sea Cadets
and will be officially declared open with a plaque on the boatyard; marking the occasion alongside directors from Premier Marinas.
The ceremony will be complemented by a host of activities throughout the afternoon, including a stunning aerial display from silk dancers Zu
and live music from Fat Cats Soul Band
. But that's not all all, there will be the chance to meet all onsite marine tenants, including companies that are new to the site - from boat and RIB sales to rigging and valeting, heating and engine advice and new online RYA training courses.
Onsite tenants Sea Ventures, Ancasta, Princess, Sunseeker and Clipper will all have a range of new and used boats to view, plus electronics business, Landau will be exhibiting Garmin, Raymarine and Navico roadshow trailers, offering demonstrations and expert advice.
Force 4 Chandlery will be extending its opening hours during the grand opening from 9:00 until 18.30 and will be displaying a range of sea safety products outside the entrance of the shop. Representatives from the RNLI will also be in attendance, offering berth holders and guests FREE lifejacket checks throughout the afternoon. Hendy Marine (division of Hendy Group) will be participating in the celebrations, offering 15% off all products on the day and Urban Truant sea school will also be offering course discounts to Premier berth holders.
Plus, engineering specialists, Keto Marine and Swanwick Marine Engineers along with valeting company, Marine Clean and rigging specialists Allspars, will all have their doors open to visitors throughout the afternoon.
A freshly made prepared hog roast, available exclusively to Swanwick berth holders and friends will be served from 3-6pm. Tickets for this can be purchased in advance from Swanwick Marina Reception at a cost of £2.50 with all proceeds donated to Premier Marinas chosen charity, The Rainbow Centre. To reserve your ticket please call into the Marina Reception or telephone 01489 884081.
The event will also feature a charity raffle in aid of The Rainbow Centre, with a fantastic range of prizes generously donated by businesses located in the boatyard (see below for a complete list of prizes). Raffle winners will be drawn at 5pm, before the event ends at around 6pm.
Raffle prizes to be won include:
• A Fortnum & Mason food hamper courtesy of Mi Cats
• VIP Factory Experience Tour for 4 persons, courtesy of Sunseeker
• Two Henri Lloyd jackets, courtesy of Ancasta International Boat Sales
• Afternoon tea for two, courtesy of Swanwick Boat House Cafe
• Day charter on a Bavaria 40 S accompanied by a skipper, courtesy of Clipper Marine
• Exclusive Honda watch worth £165.00, courtesy of Honda Marine
• 6 x bottles of champagne presented in a wicker hamper, courtesy of Knight Frank
• New range Seago Classic Auto Harness Lifejacket worth £65, courtesy of Force4
• His & Hers outdoor jackets, courtesy of Princess
• £40.00 Allspar
voucher to spend on Marlow ropes, courtesy of Allspars
• 4 x £50 worth of retail vouchers, courtesy of Swanwick Marine Engineers
• An online theory sailing course, courtesy of Urban Truant
• Three course meal for two at the refurbished Port House, courtesy of Vanilla Catering
• Two Southampton Boat Show tickets, courtesy of Sea Ventures
• A boat owner’s cleaning kit, courtesy of Clean Marine
• A waterproof iPad case, courtesy of Landau UK
A free event for all attendees - berth holders, local businesses and visitors are welcome to join in the afternoon celebrations and tour the new facilities. We look forward to seeing you there!