WORKING WITH PREMIER MARINAS
We embrace the concepts of team working to achieve high levels of productivity and quality standards through employees who think and act as part of management. We adopt an integrated management team approach, with problem solving and decision making being effected quickly at the lowest level and without undue bureaucracy.
To achieve this, we recognise the benefit derived from investing in people through training and development to constantly improve efficiency, productivity, quality and satisfaction in employment through a mutual recognition of each others' motivations and goals. Premier Marinas Limited has held the Investors in People accreditation since 2000.
Assistant Management Accountant – Head Office
We are currently seeking an experienced Assistant Management Accountant to join our busy finance team based at Head Office, Swanwick Marina. This is a new and exciting role that will support the Management Accountant with month end tasks. The role will be demanding with the opportunity to grow, and full study support will be offered. The position requires a substantial amount of Excel and reconciliation work, so previous experience in a busy accounts department is essential.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To handle all accruals and prepayments
- To assist in the production of Balance Sheet reconciliations
- To assist in the production of the monthly management accounts
- Provide monthly analysis into budget overspend (capex and expense)
- To assist in the collection of service charges and to ensure that all relevant costs are coded to the service charge
- To produce, seek approval for and post nominal ledger journals
- To assist the Management Accountant with Internal Audits of our 9 sites to ensure billing accuracy and company policies are adhered to
- Setting up one off payments
- Bank reconciliations
- Monthly fuel stock reconciliation
- Provide cover for Accounts Assistants (Purchase Ledger and Bank reconciliations)
Education, Qualifications and Training
- AAT Level 4 or equivalent, CIMA/ACCA studier
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly accurate & numerate
- Proactive & flexible
- Naturally inquisitive with a willingness to learn
Premier Marinas Ltd can offer a competitive salary and benefits package including study support and private healthcare. To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and expected salary to Gemma Aldwinckle, Finance Manager, Premier Marinas Limited, Head Office, Swanwick Marina, Swanwick, Southampton, SO31 1ZL or to email@example.com. Closing date: 10th February 2017
Marina Host – Brighton Marina
We are looking for an outgoing individual with a passion for delivering the highest level of customer service. As the face and personality of Premier Marinas you will play a vital part in how we are viewed by customers and visitors to our sites. You must have pride in yourself, the quality of your work and your place of work.
The role will be demanding at times and therefore the personal qualities we are looking for are:
You will be working within a rota system with summer and winter hours depending on the demand of the marina, this role will also include working some weekends and bank holidays.
- Strong & confident interpersonal skills
- Professional friendly manner
- Ability and willingness to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Reliable and resilient with a strong sense of responsibility
- Calm, polite and can work under pressure
- Comfortable working outside and near the water in a variety of weather conditions.
If you believe you have the skills we are looking for please send a CV and covering letter to Tracey Jefkins, Head of HR, Premier Marinas Head Office, Swanwick Marina, Swanwick, Southampton, Hants. SO31 1ZL or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading ‘Marina Host’.
losing dates for applications is 10th February 2017, successful applicants will contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date.
Apprenticeship Vacancy - Brighton Marina
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as a Marina and Boatyard Apprentice in Brighton Marina. This is an interesting and varied apprenticeship working in one of Premier Marinas prestigious marinas. Two vacancies are available at Premier's Brighton Marina and will enable candidates to train to qualify with a Diploma in Maritime Studies: Marinas & Boatyards and is an industry recognised qualification. The apprenticeship is completed within the workplace through evidence based assessments recorded in a workbook and knowledge based assessments completed by block release with Premier Marinas.
- Working week: 40 hours a week including training
- Weekly wage: £3.40 per hour or national minimum wage
- Applicants must be in possession of a full UK driving licence
Applications, with a covering letter detailing your reasons for application to: Tracey Jefkins, Head of HR, Premier Marinas Head Office, Swanwick Marina, Southampton, SO31 1ZL, or email@example.com. Apply today for immediate start.
Part Time Seasonal Support
Premier’s now recruiting for spring/summer seasonal support staﬀ to work at its marinas. This is a great opportunity for individuals to learn new skills whilst enjoying working life in a unique environment. Successful applicants will be ﬂexible, reliable and keen to be part of a team. Hours are not guaranteed and may vary (sometimes at short notice) to include day, evening, night, weekend and bank holiday work – occasionally across more than one local marina.
Duties may include:
- Assisting with administration
- Serving fuel
- Moving boats
- Greeting customers
- Carrying out boat checks
- Assisting with lock operations
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Tracey Jefkins, Head of HR, Premier Marinas Head Office, Swanwick Marina, Swanwick, Southampton, Hants. SO31 1ZL or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading 'Seasonal Support’ with your ideal Premier location.
Closing date for applications is 1st August 2017.