WORKING WITH PREMIER MARINAS
We embrace the concepts of team working to achieve high levels of productivity and quality standards through employees who think and act as part of management. We adopt an integrated management team approach, with problem solving and decision making being effected quickly at the lowest level and without undue bureaucracy.
To achieve this, we recognise the benefit derived from investing in people through training and development to constantly improve efficiency, productivity, quality and satisfaction in employment through a mutual recognition of each others' motivations and goals. Premier Marinas Limited has held the Investors in People accreditation since 2000.
Lock Keeper at Port Solent Marina
Port Solent Marina has a vacancy for a Lockmaster. The successful candidate will be joining a dedicated team of individuals who work hard every day of the week to provide the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction. The successful must be able to demonstrate the following in order to qualify for consideration:
- Proven Customer service or customer facing experience
- Proven experience of boat knowledge, handling and or towing
- Must have a “nothing is too much trouble” attitude
- Local knowledge of the local Solent sailing area and cruising grounds would be an advantage
- The ability to work alone and as part of a Team
- Be able to stay calm under pressure
- Be computer literate
- Be able to swim
This Lockmaster position works on a 12 hour shift rota basis that is a mixture of days and nights on a 4 on 4 off basis which includes weekends and Bank/Public Holidays. The successful candidate may be required to work at any of the Premier Marinas sites in the Portsmouth Harbour area from time to time as required.
Applications should be sent in writing with a covering letter explaining why you would be a suitable candidate, along with a current CV to Tracey Jefkins, Head of HR, Head Office. Swanwick Marina, Southampton, SO31 1ZL or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Closing date for applications is Monday 11th September 2017. Successful applicants will be contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date.
Duty Manager at Chichester Marina
Chichester Marina, a 5 Gold Anchor accredited marina is seeking to appoint a full time Duty Manager.
The role of a Duty Manager is to:
- To assist the Marina Manager to manage in an efficient and safe manner in accordance with the company’s mission statement.
- To ensure high standards of service and facilities are not only maintained but also developed as required by the company.
- To perform the role of ‘Duty Manager’ on an agreed rotation basis, adjusted to suit the business to include weekends and Bank Holidays.
- To maximise the utilisation of berthing within the marina, ensuring and developing profitability from all income streams.
- To develop staff progression and communicate business changes
The successful applicant should be an ambassador of first class customer service delivery, be able to lead a team and show balanced decision making and problem solving abilities. Health & Safety awareness and a knowledge of marina operations is desirable. The role requires occasional working outside assisting around the marina as and when required.
The role will require flexibility with seasonal start and finish times during the busy periods, and will include working weekends and bank/public holidays as part of a shift rota. The Duty Manager role entails an ‘on call’ out of hours rota, the successful candidate must be able to attend the marina in the event of an incident or emergency.
Applications, enclosing a full Curriculum Vitae, should be returned by Sunday 1st October 2017 to: Tracey Jefkins, HR Manager, Head Office, Swanwick Marina, Swanwick, Hants SO31 1ZL. Applicants should advise their salary expectations and their covering letter should relate to the core competencies detailed in the advertisement.
Successful applicants will be contacted within 1 week of the closing date.