Our Environmental Policy
Premier Marinas Limited is responsible for the management, maintenance and development of its marinas. We are fully committed to improving the environment as well as playing an important role in the regional economy and local community.
We recognise our environmental responsibilities to reduce to a minimum the environmental impact of our activities and the activities of our customers and other stakeholders, to seek ways to conserve natural resources and continually strive to improve the environmental performance of our marina sites.
Our objectives are to:
- Reduce or prevent water and air pollution through good management practice and design solutions
- Continually reduce waste, increase recycling, use water and energy more efficiently, promote renewable energy and encourage smarter travel choices
- Embrace sustainable development principles when developing new facilities
- Maintain our Environmental Management System in accordance with ISO 14001:2015 Certification
To achieve this we will:
- Continue to develop an Environmental Management System, which will provide the framework for setting, monitoring and auditing our targets – in accordance with ISO 14001:2015 certification
- Conduct an annual management review of the EMS
- Report and publish our key performance indicators
- Comply with legislation and regulation and exceed where practical
- Encourage PML staff, contractors and marina users to consider the environment in all of their activities through information and where appropriate training
- Work with tenants, operators and all other users to ensure compliance throughout our marinas
- Communicate our objectives to other stakeholders and consult the community on the environmental program where required
This policy will be reviewed at least annually to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate to the activities of Premier Marinas Ltd. The arrangements and processes for implementing this policy are controlled through Premier Marinas Ltd’s Business Management System.