COVID-19 Update 13th May 2020
We are delighted that the Department for Environment Food & Rural Affairs has confirmed that “all forms of water sports practiced on open waterways, including sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, rowing, kayaking, surfing, paddle-boarding and the use of privately-owned motorised craft (in line with the guidance issued by the relevant navigation authority) are allowed.” Click here for more information.
We also expect that local Harbour Authorities will lift restrictions on recreational boating very soon to allow everyone to get back on the water - but please check with the relevant harbour authority before going out in your boat. Whilst there are no restrictions on how far you can travel the legislation does not permit overnight stays for holidays or at a second home. For this reason, Premier Marinas will not permit berth holders to stay overnight in the marina or to visit other Premier marinas using their free visitor nights - nor will we be accepting visiting boats at this time.
Premier has updated its operating plans to ensure that social distancing can be maintained for our staff and for all who use our marinas and we provide some guidance below. Please take the time to read this information and to view our COVID-19 Customer Safety Plan and COVID-19 Risk Assessments before you visit the marina. It will help you to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
Berth holders returning to Premier Marinas will find:
- The marina reception will be closed to visitors but there will be a good level of staff on the marina to answer any questions you may have and you can contact us by telephone, call us on VHF, or email us in the usual way. Note: You can also visit your MyPremier account on our website to top up your electricity in the following marinas: Brighton, Chichester, Port Solent Gosport and Swanwick and you can make a boatyard booking for a lift or launch.
- Social distancing and priority passing information signs are in place - please follow the instructions on these signs.
- Hand sanitisers will be placed at bridgeheads, trolley collection points and outside of facility blocks- please take advantage of these.
- On most sites our facilities will be staffed during working hours to regulate their use to a level that allows for social distancing and to enable cleaning before and after every use.
A reminder of Government COVID-19 safety guidelines:
- Stay at home as much as possible
- Work from home if you can
- Limit contact with other people
- Keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- Wash your hands regularly
- Self-isolate if you or anyone in your household has symptoms
The following links to the Government's more detailed rules and guidance can be found here:
Finally, stay safe and well and we look forward to seeing you at the marina.