Queens Harbour Master Notice to Mariners No 15 of 2021
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Queen's Harbour Master Portsmouth that works will be commencing on Sub-frontage 1: Long Curtain Moat of the Southsea Coastal Scheme from 19 October 2020 until May 2022. Please see southseacoastalscheme.org.uk for more information.
2. The contractor for the works will be VolkerStevin Boskalis Westminster (VSBW) using shore based and marine plant. In summary, works will include the construction of a compound area, demolition of the existing defences, installation of a temporary shingle working platform, installation of sheet piling, placement of precast concrete units and placement of a rock revetment.
3. Works to install the temporary working platform will use the TSHD vessel “SOSPAN DAU” (LOA 72.8m) and commence from Friday 30th October 2020. The vessel will use a spud pole during discharging of gravel to stay in position. During these operations the vessel will remain outside the main navigation channel. A pilot will be embarked for the approach and discharge operation and the vessel will display the appropriate signals when discharging material.
4. Mariners are requested to keep a good lookout and pass at slow speed while dredging operations are being conducted. A listening watch will be maintained on VHF Ch 11 throughout.
5. QHM Harbour Control will be kept informed of work in progress and will de-conflict movements with other marine traffic as necessary. They can be contacted on VHF Ch 11 or by telephoning 02392 723689 for the latest information.
6. Cancel this Local Notice to Mariners on 1 June 2021.