Queens Harbour Master Notice to Mariners No 40 of 2019
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Queen’s Harbour Master Portsmouth that as part of the IFA2 Interconnector Project, transformers will be delivered by barge for landing on the beach to the east of Daedalus slipway at Lee-on-the-Solent.
2. The first landing is scheduled to take place between 2 and 9 July 2019. The vessel is expected to depart the beach on the high tide following beach landing. A second delivery is planned between 17 and 24 July 2019.
3. On the day prior to beach landing marker buoys (round red pellets) will be positioned to mark the landing area in the intertidal zone at the locations in the table below. These will be removed once the vessel is aground.
Buoy 1 50°48’.40 N 001°12’.66 W
Buoy 2 50°48’.39 N 001°12’.63 W
Buoy 3 50°48’.39 N 001°12’.67 W
Buoy 4 50°48’.38 N 001°12’.65 W
Buoy 5 50°48’.37 N 001°12’.68 W
Buoy 6 50°48’.36 N 001°12’.67 W
4. While the transformers are being delivered, Daedalus slipway, the car park and surrounding beach will be cordoned off. Access to the slipway and car park will also be restricted on the days immediately prior to and following delivery. The work area is marked in red on the map below.
5. The work will be carried out using the vessel “Terra Marique”, (MMSI: 9281384), Call Sign: MPHF6, the dimensions of the vessel are: 80m x 16.5m.
6. Mariners are requested to remain outside of the boxed beach works zone and pass at a safe speed and distance (approximately 200 metres). Vessels should pass at a safe speed and distance (approximately 500 metres) from the barge, which will monitor VHF Channel 12 and 16 at all times.