Premier Gosport is delighted to announce that the refurbishment of the historic Endeavour Quay building is now complete.  

As part of its commitment to invest in its sites, Premier Marinas undertook a sympathetic refurbishment, bringing the building back to its original appearance.

EQUAY 22 70 NW Mixed Content Block 952X664

Although the boatyard itself dates from 1782, there are no records of when the brick building’s foundations were first laid. However, what is known is that the building was severely damaged by fire in 1910 and the subsequent rebuild is how we see the building today.

The project was to refurbish and revitalise the façade of the brick building and works included the replacement of cracked lintels, sills and the wooden window frames; re-pointing of the brickwork and some other necessary remedial works.

Safe access was maintained to all the eleven businesses that operate out of the building. 

Boatyard Manager, Tim Newell commented: “The project has been labour intensive and taken longer than scheduled, however, the building is an icon of the Gosport waterfront and part of the heritage of the town so we were committed to making sure that it had the quality finish and intricacy that was required”.