Premier Boating is Back!
We are delighted that the Department for Environment Food & Rural Affairs has confirmed that “all forms of water sports practised on open waterways, including sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, rowing, kayaking, surfing, paddle-boarding and the use of privately-owned motorised craft (in line with the guidance issued by the relevant navigation authority) are allowed.” Click here for more information.
Premier has updated its operating plans to ensure that social distancing can be maintained for our staff and for all who use our marinas and we provide some guidance below. Please take the time to read this information and to view our COVID-19 Customer Safety Plan and COVID-19 Risk Assessments before you visit the marina. It will help you to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
Customers returning to Premier Marinas will find:
- The marina reception will be closed but there will be a good level of staff on the marina to answer any questions you may have and you can contact us by telephone, call us on VHF, or email us in the usual way. Note: You can also visit your MyPremier account on our website to top up your electricity in the following marinas: Brighton, Chichester, Port Solent, Gosport and Swanwick and you can make a boatyard booking for a lift or launch.
- Social distancing and priority passing information signs are in place - please follow the instructions on these signs.
- Hand sanitisers will be placed at bridgeheads, trolley collection points and outside of facility blocks- please take advantage of these.
- On most sites our facilities will be staffed during working hours to regulate their use to a level that allows for social distancing and to enable cleaning before and after every use.
A reminder of Government COVID-19 safety guidelines:
- Stay at home as much as possible
- Work from home if you can
- Limit contact with other people
- Keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- Wash your hands regularly
- Self-isolate if you or anyone in your household has symptoms
You must wear a face covering in all indoor spaces at Premier Marinas’ including facilities and laundries (unless you have a legitimate exception).
Coronavirus regulations mean that you must self-isolate for 14 days if you arrive in the UK from a country outside of the common travel area. This applies to both UK residents and visitors to the UK. To find out more about exemptions to these regulations and to check the latest Government guidance and requirements regarding visiting the UK or re-entering the UK following a trip abroad please visit the up-to-date travel corridors page.
The following links to the Government's more detailed rules and guidance can be found here:
Finally, stay safe and well and we look forward to seeing you at the marina.
Updated: 17th August 2020