River Hamble Notice to Mariners No 15 of 2019
Notice of Dredging Operations in the vicinity of Hamble Village and Mercury Marina
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that dredging operations in the vicinity of Hamble Village and at Mercury Marina will commence on Saturday 7 December 2019. The expected completion date for these works is 07 February 2020 but will be weather dependent. Work is planned to take place as follows:
a. at Hamble Yacht Services – 07-19 Dec;
b. at Mercury Marina – 09 Dec – 10 Jan;
c. at Port Hamble – 20 Jan – 07 Feb.
River Users are reminded that similar activity is taking place at Swanwick Marina over the same period, as informed in NTRU 13 of 2019 and to be mindful that larger vessels carrying spoil will be encountered more frequently over the period.
2. All vessels involved will display the appropriate lights and shapes as required by the International Regulations for the Prevention of Collisions at Sea.
3. River users are advised to maintain a listening watch on VHF Channel 68 for navigational broadcasts during these operations and navigate with caution in the vicinity of the vessels involved, particularly large spoil barges constrained by their draught, which may also transit the River during the hours of darkness.
4. Further information on these works can be obtained from the Harbour Office or by calling 'Hamble Harbour Radio' on VHF Channel 68.
5. Cancel this Notice 30 April 2020.