Queens Harbour Master Notice to Mariners No 42 of 2019
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Queen's Harbour Master Portsmouth that a Cross Solent Swim will take place on Saturday 13 July 2019.
2. Eight swimmers will be taking part. Each swimmer will be accompanied by a kayaker acting as an individual support craft. The lead support craft has the call sign ‘Swim Control’ / ‘Marlin’. There is one other support craft; ‘RIB rescue’. A listening watch will be maintained on VHF Ch11 and Ch12 throughout.
3. The swim route is from Gilkicker to Ryde Sands starting at 1230 and completing by approximately 1530.
4. All support craft will display the International Code Flag ‘ALPHA’ while escorting the swimmers.
5. Mariners are requested to keep a good lookout and pass well clear of the swimmers and the support craft during their crossing of the Solent.