Queens Harbour Master Notice to Mariners No 66 of 2019
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Queen’s Harbour Master Portsmouth that as part of the IFA2 Interconnector Project, boulder relocation works are scheduled to be carried out from 10th September with expected completion in UK waters by the end of October.
2. The boulder relocation will be performed along the HVDC cable route during which a plough will be used to relocate high density small boulders and a grab for larger boulders. As a licence condition, a maximum depth change of five percent is permitted, with a new survey due to be undertaken on completion of the works. An overview of the cable route within the Solent is shown below.
3. The works are being carried out by the 94 metre Offshore Supply Vessels Aethra (White superstructure over a red hull: IMO 9181481, MMSI 212466000; Call Sign 5BHH4).
4. Aethra will have restricted manoeuvrability while undertaking underwater operations. Vessels are requested to pass at a safe speed and distance and fishing vessels are advised to remain a safe distance (approximately 500m) from the works areas identified. The vessel will monitor VHF Channel 12 and 16 at all times.
5. Cancel this Local Notice to Mariners 7 November 2019.