Queens Harbour Master Notice to Mariners No 38 of 2020
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Queen’s Harbour Master Portsmouth that SMB SHACKLETON will be conducting Route Survey works within Portsmouth Harbour and the Main Approach Channel from No Man’s Land Fort to the Harbour Entrance from the 8 July to early August 2020.
2. Royal Naval SMB (Survey Motor Boat) SHACKLETON (LOA 11.0m) will be conducting the survey operations and may deploy sonar equipment up to a maximum length of 100m astern so additional caution is requested. She will be operational during day light hours only.
3. The vessel will maintain a listening watch on VHF Channel 11 during operations and display appropriate shapes (Ball-Diamond-Ball in a vertical line) or lights (Red-White-Red in a vertical line) when working.
4. Mariners are requested to keep well clear of the vessel while surveying, if practicable and to liaise early with the vessel if in any doubt as to its intentions.
5. Cancel this Local Notice to Mariners on 15 August 2020.