Anchoring with care - webinars
Throughout the Spring months, The Green Blue will be hosting a series of webinars sharing best practice techniques for anchoring and mooring. The webinars will focus on techniques which are both safe and effective, as well as more friendly to the seabed.
The webinars are being delivered as part of the LIFE Recreation ReMEDIES Project led by Natural England, of which the RYA and The Green Blue are project partners. Other partners in the project include the Marine Conservation Society, the Ocean Conservation Trust and Plymouth City Council.
The webinars aim to provide an insight into the ReMEDIES Project and raise awareness of sensitive seabed habitats, like seagrass and maerl, at the project’s five seagrass restoration sites: Essex Estuaries, Fal & Helford, Solent Maritime, and Plymouth Sound, Isles of Scilly. Each of the webinars will have speakers from partner organisations in the project who have local knowledge on project specific sites.
To accompany the webinar, you can also download the free guide ‘The Green Guide to Anchoring & Mooring,’ which gives details on the ReMEDIES project and best practice mooring and anchoring techniques. Hard copies of the guide are available on request.
• An introduction to the LIFE Recreation ReMEDIES Project
• Why protected marine habitats like seagrass and maerl are important
• The threats to these marine habitats
• How the recreational boating community can help to minimise impacts on these seabed habitats through:
– anchoring, landing & launching best practice
– the use of Advanced eco-Mooring Systems (AMS)
• Local ReMEDIES Project work
Webinar dates and project focus
15th Fal & Helford
1st Isles of Scilly
7th The Solent
You can sign-up to register your interest in the webinars by visiting the Join our Webinars page.
To learn more about the LIFE Recreation ReMEDIES Project, visit the project’s website.