River Hamble Harbour Authority Notice to River Users No 4 of 2020
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that all forms of water sports practiced on open waterways, including sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, rowing, kayaking, surfing, paddle-boarding and the use of privately-owned motorised craft (in line with existing guidance for the River Hamble) are allowed. Existing rights of way may be used, subject to their usual restrictions for walking, running and cycling, being mindful of other users and people living in boats along the water.
2. River Users are advised to monitor both National Government and Hampshire County Council guidance on measures being taken, available here:
General Government advice, including on travel: gov.uk/coronavirus. NHS advice: NHS.uk/coronavirus.HCC advice: https://www.hants.gov.uk/socialcareandhealth/coronavirus
3. Those who keep their boats or craft in or who wish to access the water from private sites such as marinas, yards or Sailing Clubs must check arrangements with the individual site which will be subject to its own particular restrictions. Social distancing rules must be complied with. Public car parking in and near access points to the River such as Hamble Village, Bursledon and Swanwick is limited. Those using these facilities must be mindful of the need to maintain social distancing.
4. Public slipways may be used to access the water within the River. With people able to travel longer distances, it is also timely for owners to visit their craft to ensure that they are seaworthy. The responsibility will fall to individual skippers and users to plan their journeys and activity safely. If a particular destination is planned, skippers must check that that destination has the facilities or space available, as those locations will also need to ensure compliance with the Law regarding Coronavirus.
5. The Harbour Office will remain closed to visitors but will be manned to field any questions and take payments over the telephone. Patrol Officers will be on the water through the day to assist and provide guidance. The Harbour Authority thanks River Users for their understanding and support throughout these continuing exceptional times.
6. If a visit to the Harbour Office becomes necessary, social distancing of 2 metres must be maintained.
7. Further information can be obtained from the Harbour Office or by calling 'Hamble Harbour Radio' on VHF Channel 68.
8. Cancel this Notice 01 October 2020.