Premier Marina's Sovereign Harbour is located just east of Eastbourne. Sovereign Harbour, North Lock Side, Pacific Drive, Eastbourne, BN23 5BJ
How to find the marina by sea, road, rail, air and ferry is described below.
The Eastbourne Marina (Sovereign Harbour) Reception is open 24 hours a day. You may contact the reception on;
VHF Channel 17
Telephone: 01323 470 099
To Eastbourne Marina (Sovereign Harbour) by sea
If you are approaching Eastbourne from the East or South-East, remain alert for the tide rips over the Royal Sovereign Shoal, the Horse of Willingdon and the inshore Coxheath Shoal.
Approaching Sovereign Harbour from the West, clear the shore by a mile after rounding Beachy Head.
The following notes are provided as a guide to approaching Eastbourne by sea. Visitors to Eastbourne Marina should, however, make sure that they are aware of all navigational dangers by consulting up-to-date charts and pilot books. Visitors should also be aware of current Notices to Mariners and weather and tides before planning a visit. Sovereign Harbour tide tables are available, showing tide heights to chart datum. No further adjustment is required for British Summer Time. View Sovereign Harbour tide tables here.
EU/EEA Visitor? Read our guide on arriving into a UK marina.
- The Martello Tower at Langney Point serves as a landmark with a Xenon light (Fl (3).15s12m7M) to indicate the marina.
- A Safe Water Mark (LFl.10s) at the waypoint Lat 50º 47'.37N Long 000º 20'.81E marks the start of the entrance channel.
- Upon arrival at the Safe Water Mark contact us on VHF Channel 17.
- To seaward of the breakwater entrance the channel is buoyed with two green starboard marks. These two green buoys (Fl.G.3s and Fl.G.5s) mark a World War One wreck, visible at LW springs.
- It is important to keep the white sector of the single point leading light (Dir.Fl.WRG5s4m1M) which leads in on 258º true (261º magnetic 2002).
- If the leading light is red, turn to starboard to regain the white sector; if green, turn to port.
- Pass between the breakwaters marked with lights Fl(4)R12s3m6M (port-hand) and FlG5s3m6M (starboard-hand), coming off the leading line and heading towards the locks - once you can clearly see the lock traffic signals.
- Proceed through the buoyed channel and Outer Harbour (parts of which dry at low water), observing the speed limit of 5 knots.
- Mariners should always monitor VHF Channel 17 for navigation information whilst underway within the harbour.
- A 3 knot speed limit applies around the Waterfront and the North Channel.
- View Locking Procedure
To Eastbourne Marina (Sovereign Harbour) by road
Sovereign Harbour’s Marina Reception address is: North Lock Side, Pacific Drive, Eastbourne, BN23 5BJ but if you intend to use satnav to find the marina BN23 5DD will take you closer to your destination. If you are not using satnav the following directions below are appropriate. Contact details for the marina are here.
From M25 Junction 7:
Follow M23 (S), signposted Brighton, until it becomes the A23. After 15 miles take the left hand lane A27, signposted Worthing, Lewes and Newhaven. Stay on the A27 East until you reach the Pevensey Roundabout, take the 4th exit A259, signposted Pevensey/Pevensey Bay, here you will pick up the brown and white signs for Eastbourne ‘Sovereign Harbour’. At the traffic lights turn left, cross over the level crossing and continue through Pevensey Bay Village. Then take the first exit off the Martello Roundabout signposted Sovereign Harbour North and follow signage on Pacific Drive for Harbour Office and RNLI.
From M25 Junction 6:
Follow A22, signposted East Grinstead/Eastbourne. As you approach the large roundabout near Polegate, turn left on the filter lane, signposted A27 Eastbourne, Bexhill and Hastings, onto the Polegate bypass. Turn right at the Pevensey Roundabout 4th exit, signposted Pevensey/Pevensey Bay A259, where you will pick up the brown and white signs for ‘Eastbourne Sovereign Harbour’. At the traffic lights turn left, cross over the level crossing and continue through Pevensey Bay Village. Then take the first exit off the Martello Roundabout signposted Sovereign Harbour North and then follow signage on Pacific Drive for Harbour Office and RNLI.
From M25 Junction 5: Follow A21, signposted Sevenoaks/Hastings and then turn right onto A2100, signposted Battle/Bexhill. At the roundabout turn right onto the A271, signposted Bexhill/ Eastbourne. At the T-junction turn right onto the A271/A22, signposted Eastbourne. Then turn left at the signpost to Wartling/Pevensey. At the roundabout take the third exit, signposted A259 Eastbourne. At the traffic lights turn left and continue through Pevensey Bay Village. Then take the first exit off the Martello Roundabout signposted Sovereign Harbour North, then follow signage on Pacific Drive for Harbour Office and RNLI.
View Sovereign Harbour on Google Maps
To Eastbourne Marina (Sovereign Harbour) by Rail
The nearest main line station is Eastbourne with regular connections to Brighton and London Victoria, via Gatwick Airport, as well as trains to Ashford International for Eurostar services. London Victoria is just 90 minutes away. nationalrail.co.uk
To Eastbourne Marina by ferry
Eastbourne enjoys excellent links to the continent, with Newhaven, just 12 miles to the west, operating services to Dieppe. Dover and Folkestone offer further routes, just over an hour's drive to the east. transmanche.co.uk
To Eastbourne Marina by air
London Gatwick International Airport is less than an hour away by direct rail link or 90 minutes by car. Visitors arriving at Heathrow can transfer to Gatwick by coach to catch train services or take the Tube to London Victoria for train and coach services to Eastbourne. Shoreham airport is available to private light aircraft. gatwickairport.com heathrowairport.com shorehamairport.co.uk